Liposuction in Dallas and Allen, TX
Exercise and diet-resistant fat is a frustrating fact of life for many individuals. Fortunately, liposuction offers an effective and permanent solution to this problem. This procedure has incorporated new, advanced techniques to improve results and downtime.
Are You Ready For
What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that uses suction to remove fat from almost anywhere on the body. This treatment is often used to recontour areas like the abdomen, hips, thighs, back, arms, buttocks, jawline, and chin (submental area).
Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction?
Liposuction is most effective for healthy patients within 20 percent of their ideal body weight, who have minor “figure faults” or localized fat deposits and adequate skin elasticity.
While it is minimally invasive, liposuction is a surgical procedure with all the potential risks of any surgery. Potential patients should not smoke or use tobacco products as doing so significantly raises those risks.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Pollock at his Dallas, Texas, office to learn more about what liposuction can do for you.
What Are the Benefits of Liposuction?
Liposuction is so popular because it offers several benefits for patients who have not had success losing stubborn fat with other means.
Some of these benefits include:
- Liposuction is proven to be a safe and straightforward procedure when performed by a qualified medical professional.
- Liposuction is a permanent solution that removes fat cells for good as they will not grow back. However, it does not prevent new weight gain.
- Liposuction can remove four or more pounds of fat per treatment area, and carrying less fat leads to better health.
- Liposuction can significantly improve your appearance by recontouring problem areas that are resistant to diet and exercise.
- Liposuction can reduce self-consciousness and help you feel more confident about your body.
- Liposuction can be used on almost any area of your body.
How Is Liposuction Performed?
Most liposuction surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis under twilight sedation or general anesthesia, depending on your preferences, the extent of fat to be removed, and medical considerations. Your surgery will be performed at a hospital or out AAAASF-accredited office surgical facility.
Liposuction is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that employs a vacuum attached to a cannula (hollow tube) which is inserted through a small incision and used to remove fat.
We primarily use power-assisted liposuction (PAL) with a tumescent technique where fluid containing a local anesthetic and epinephrine (adrenaline) is directed into the tissues. This approach, combined with the use of a reticulating cannula, loosens the fat and makes it easier to remove while reducing bleeding and bruising.
What Is Recovery Like After Liposuction?
After liposuction, you can expect to experience swelling and bruising for a few days, and a compression garment will need to be worn to reduce this side-effect and support your new shape. Dr. Pollock will provide pain medication to manage any soreness and discomfort you experience.
By the end of the first week, you should start to feel much better but continue to avoid any strenuous activity. Most patients can return to work after one week, but those with physically demanding jobs may need additional recovery time.
After about four weeks, discomfort should be gone, but some swelling may persist, and you can resume light exercise. Your results will be clearly visible but will continue to improve over the following few weeks.
Continue to wear your compression garments for six weeks.
What Should I Consider Before Liposuction?
Follow these tips to achieve the best outcome:
- Be sure to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon and clearly explain your concerns and goals during your consultation. Ask questions and listen carefully to the information and instructions provided.
- Eat a healthy diet and exercise to get as close to your ideal weight as possible. The more lean muscle you have, the more pleasing your liposuction results are likely to be.
- Stop smoking or using nicotine in any form, as it increases your risk of complications during and after your procedure. Tobacco products restrict blood vessels, decrease blood flow throughout your body, and compromises both your health and your results.
How Much Does Liposuction Cost?
The cost of liposuction varies depending on the skill of your surgeon, techniques, number of areas being treated, amount of fat being removed, type of anesthesia used, and facility fees.
After your consultation, Dr. Pollock will give you an exact quote for your liposuction procedure.
Financing options are also available.
When Will I See My Liposuction Results?
Your initial results are visible immediately after your liposuction procedure; however, they will continue to change and refine as the swelling dissipates over the following three to six months. Final results are often seen within one year.
What Other Procedures Does Dr. Pollock Offer?
Tummy tuck surgery can be performed as a standalone procedure or in combination with one of the following:
- Breast augmentation surgery to increase breast volume and enhance shape
- Breast lift surgery to raise sagging (ptotic) breasts and restore youthful positioning
- Tummy tuck surgery to eliminate fat and excess loose skin around the midsection
- Body lift surgery to eliminate excess skin on the lower body resulting from significant weight loss
Want to Learn More About Liposuction in Dallas and Allen, Texas?
Dr. Pollock performs advanced liposuction techniques in Dallas and Allen, Texas, serving many nearby areas, including Plano, Richardson, McKinney, and the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area.
If you have diet and exercise-resistant fat anywhere on your body, set up a liposuction consultation by calling our Dallas location at (214) 363-2575 or scroll down to contact Dr. Pollock online.
We are committed to helping you attain your cosmetic goals and are happy to work with you to find a payment method or plan that fits your situation. We offer financing through CareCredit, which provides flexible repayment options.Financing Available
Contact information for individual North Dallas Plastic Surgery offices
North Dallas Office
8305 Walnut Hill Ln #210
Dallas, TX 75231
Phone: (214) 363-2575Directions & Office Hours
Allen, Tx Office
317 N. Central Expressway Suite 100
Allen, Texas 75013
Phone: (214) 509-0270Directions & Office Hours