The position of the brows affects the appearance of the entire face, but most important the appearance of the eyes. The aging forehead skin lengthens and brows tend to descend, causing the thick skin beneath the brows to cover the eyelids. By surgically elevating the eyebrows, the brows themselves can be aesthetically shaped and the excess skin of the upper lids reduced, often minimizing the need to remove the eyelid skin directly.
North Dallas Plastic Surgery’s Unique Approach
We have originated the Progressive Tension Suture Technique that allows the surgeon to accurately shape and securely fix the brows, eliminate frown lines, and minimize forehead wrinkles.
This technique has provided a more consistent, natural and long-lasting result. Benefits include:
- Accurately placed incision along the frontal hairline;
- Creation of flap of skin and underlying fat that does not involve the muscles and nerves of forehead;
- Direct fixation of the skin of brow area to underlying tissues;
- Use of progressive tension sutures to advance and anchor the skin of the forehead to the underlying tissues;
- No drains required; and
- Final scar usually imperceptible.
We have found this to be a very effective approach to sagging brows – with a high rate of satisfaction and minimal complications.
An example of our Progressive Tension Suture Technique to anchor and advance the skin of the forehead. Minimizing recovery, eliminating the need for drains, yet enhancing the final result.
Important Considerations for Patients
The brow lift is a method to surgically elevate the eyebrows to an attractive and youthful position. This reduces forehead wrinkles, eliminates excessive upper eyelid skin, and brightens the appearance of the eyes when properly done. However, patients should consider the following:
- Misapplication of the brow lift can result in a deer-in-the-headlights appearance.
- Most frequent complication is recurrence of the brow sag. Hence, the creation of techniques to hold the brows in position including skeletal fixation (screws in the skull), suture support, and other devices.
- Many techniques are used to correct brow sag, however there is no single outstanding technique. In fact, “a respected author concluded in a recent scientific article that management of eyebrow ptosis (sag) remains a most challenging problem and that there is no single superior solution for brow ptosis currently available.”
- Most brow lifts are done at the level of the bony skull, which places the surgeon at a mechanical disadvantage (lifting skin from the deeper layers).
- Scalp scars may be visible and often the hairline is elevated by surgery.
We are committed to helping you attain your cosmetic goals and are happy to work with you to find a payment method or plan that fits your situation.Financing Available
Contact information for individual North Dallas Plastic Surgery offices
North Dallas Office
8305 Walnut Hill Ln #210
Dallas, TX 75231
Phone: (214) 363-2575Directions & Office Hours
Allen, Tx Office
317 N. Central Expressway Suite 100
Allen, Texas 75013
Phone: (214) 509-0270Directions & Office Hours