Posted December 15, 2020 in Mommy Makeover
What Is a Mommy Makeover and Why Do Some Women Want It?
3 Minute Read:
- Breast augmentation using saline or silicone implants to restore lost volume
- Breast lift surgery (mastopexy) for a youthful and perky appearance
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) to create a firmer and tighter abdomen
- Liposuction of the abdomen (or nearly any area of the body) to eliminate stubborn fat
Although the Mommy Makeover began as a marketing term, it has gained recognition in the plastic surgery community for its ability to restore the physiques of women looking to revamp their silhouette.
While the name Mommy Makeover sounds exclusive to mothers, many women who have never had children benefit from this surgery as they use it to combat the unflattering changes in the body caused by aging, dramatic weight-loss, or unfavorable genes.
No matter the cause of their cosmetic concerns, women choose Mommy Makeover surgery to address:
- Loss of breast volume and shape
- Lack of projection or perkiness in the breasts
- Drooping or sagging breasts
- Excess fat
- A tummy “pooch” or “pot belly”
- Protruding lower abs or weak abdominal muscles
- Loose skin around the midsection
Is a Mommy Makeover the Right Choice for Me?
A Mommy Makeover is the right choice for women who understand their reasons for seeking treatment and are eager to correct these concerns for themselves. With the help of their surgeon, candidates can formulate realistic expectations about the capabilities and limitations of each treatment included in their personalized plan.
Here are some things you and your surgeon will discuss during your consultation:
Mommy Makeover Cost
The average cost of a Mommy Makeover can vary depending on a patient’s cosmetic needs and individualized procedure plan. A more precise estimate will be provided once your initial consultation is completed, and the included procedures have been selected.
Mommy Makeover Results
Mommy Makeover surgery can achieve effective and long-lasting results. Patients who maintain a healthy diet and healthy amounts of exercise can enjoy their new physique for years to come.
Mommy Makeover Recovery
Swelling, bruising, and discomfort may develop in the early stages of the recovery process, although all side effects will resolve over time. Your doctor will explain what to expect from the recovery process and give you instructions to help you manage your progress.
Are You Ready for a Mommy Makeover?
Once you decide that a Mommy Makeover is the right choice for you, it is now time to consider if you are prepared for treatment.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself to ensure you are physically and mentally ready:
Have I Had All My Children?
A Mommy Makeover is performed to reverse the effects of pregnancy, aging, weight-loss, and genetics. However, an additional pregnancy might counteract the accomplishments of your surgery. It is recommended to finish having all your children before your Mommy Makeover.
Am I at My Ideal Weight and in Good Health?
Mommy Makeover surgery is an effective way to contour your silhouette, but it can not remove dramatic amounts of fat, and it is not considered a weight-loss procedure. Women who experience the best Mommy Makeover outcomes have maintained their weight and are in overall good health.
What Are Other Ways I Can Prepare for a Mommy Makeover?
It is important to follow your surgeon’s instructions before and after surgery to achieve the best results. In preparing for a Mommy Makeover, your surgeon may ask you to:
- Refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol at least two weeks before your surgery
- Avoid medications, herbal supplements, or food that might increase bleeding
- Provide medical records, lab tests, or medical evaluations
- Schedule childcare and time off from work
- Prepare a resting area for your recovery period
Want to Learn More About Mommy Makeover in Dallas and Allen?
If you are interested in Mommy Makeover surgery and want to learn more about which procedures are ideal for you, please contact us. Call our Dallas office at (214) 363-2575 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Pollock. You can also contact us online.